Publication date: various dates
This is part of the website of Housing LIN where they offer guidance and examples of effective design principles and practice in mainstream and specialist housing for older and disabled adults.
They provide a series of links to guidance on:
- Accessible housing design
– includes the Building Regulations Part M housing standards, information produced by Habinteg and wider information on the lifetime homes concept
- Housing our Ageing Population Panel for Innovation (HAPPI)
– this report recommended ten housing design components for meeting the needs of older people. also available are details of case studies.
- Designing Extra Care Housing
– this section covers everything you need to know about designing extra care housing and includes construction issues and the implications of factors such as location, delivery of on-site care, the tenure mix and planning frameworks.
- Age-friendly communities and lifetime neighbourhoods
– resources about the design and development of the wider community.
- Planning and design
– this section focuses on architects, planners, builders, planners and housing providers. It provides resources looking at the implications of national and local planning policy and the importance of working together.
- Inclusive Design
– this section lists a wide selection of guidance on the broader issue of inclusive design with a focus on housing topics.
To obtain a copy in an alternative format or language
Please write to:
3rd Floor, 89 Albert Embankment
Telephone: 020 7820 8077