House of Commons Transport Committee 2013-14
Publication date: September 2013
This Parliamentary report reviews the government’s progress on meeting its own action plan targets and those set out in law to meet the needs of disabled people using all forms of transport. It highlights issues relating to:
- Carers payment for travel on airlines
- Current inaccessibility of bus and coach fleet in UK.
- The need to involve disabled people in decisions about investment in rail infrastructure
- The need for better staff disability awareness training
- Need to promote Transport Direct accessibility journey planning portal.
The report promotes the need for closer co-operative working on local initiatives to promote accessibility.
Download a copy here from the Parliamentary website.
To obtain a copy in an alternative format or language
Please write to:
House of Commons Enquiry Service
House of Commons
Telephone: 0800 112 4272