Creating better streets:
Inclusive and accessible places
Reviewing shared space
Publication date: 2018
- It addresses the statutory requirements on local authorities,
- Reviews existing schemes and
- Looks to provide objectives for design guidance and monitoring.
- It suggests a classification system for different streets to help develop schemes in the future and
- Recommends areas where further work is required by the profession and by government.
To obtain a copy in an alternative format or language
Please write to:
Chartered Institution of
Highways & Transportation
119 Britannia Walk
London N1 7JE
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7336 1555