It provides references to any design guidance relating to physical access for any equality group. Before you use the site please read the council’s design guidance entitled DESIGNING FOR DIVERSITY 2013 which explains how designing for specific needs should be approached and how you can get the best from the listed guidance.
What sort of guidance have we listed?
- legislation, eg Equality Act 2010
- nationally agreed standards, eg British Standards, European Directives
- advice from national groups , eg RNIB or
- published academic research
- local users with experience of specific impairments or circumstances
All guidance is included regardless of age so long as at the time of its publication it contributed to accessibility and no ranking is given to one source over another except to say if its “Essential” ie legislation or nationally approved standards; or “Useful” which is everything else.
We are able to respond to access queries on projects or for people who work or live in North Somerset.