It provides physical access design guidance for all equality groups, not just disability.
Our design guidance entitled DESIGNING FOR DIVERSITY 2013 explains how designing for specific needs should be approached and how you can get the best from the listed guidance.
What sort of guidance have we listed?
- legislation, eg Equality Act 2010
- nationally agreed standards, eg British Standards, European Directives
- advice from national groups , eg RNIB or
- published academic research
- local users with experience of specific impairments or circumstances
All guidance is included regardless of its age so long as at the time of its publication it contributed to accessibility. No ranking is given to one source over another except to say if its legislation or nationally approved standards we’ve highlighted it as “Essential”. Everything else is marked “Useful.”
We are able to respond to access queries on projects or for people who work or live in North Somerset.